Sunday, February 5, 2012

An introduction

So, according to Wikipedia, a blog is "a personal journey published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete entries ("posts") typically displayed in reverse chronological order so the most recent post appears first."  Well, I don't want to go in reverse chronological order.  I want to be somewhat random and sporadic, and I feel compelled to start with the beginning and I think all beginnings should start with some type of introduction.

Today, I will introduce you to my world and some of the people (both two and four legged) in it.



First, there was me.  And while I was doing this...

Stacy Kearns working in the ER
I have no idea why I am in such a stance???




I met this guy...

Ken Carter
No, I didn't meet him as a patient, he's an ER Nurse too!




It was pretty much love at first site, and I soon found out that he was a package deal that came with these two...

Amy and Jessica Carter
Oh my, they are going to love me for this one...;-)




And so began learning how to live life as a family.  We did just fine!  I will spare you of all the details...braces, boys, first loves...(and break ups), oh dear!,  messy rooms, homecoming dances, driving lessons...oops, I was going to spare the details...  So, like I said, everything went just fine...

Amy, Ken, me, and Jessica at Jessica's High School Graduation


With the girls graduated and off to college, we decided to make a change, and so we moved here...

First visit to what would become Barefoot Farm

The rest is history in the making.  The land is ours and the house is built, although, I don't think it is ever DONE!  It's a continual work in progress; designing, building, and decorating.  It has been an amazing experience to turn an idea in our heads to plans on paper and then into real life structures and things that we enjoy sharing with our family, friends, and neighbors. 



And not a visit to Barefoot Farm will go by without being greeted by our four legged family members.

Chloe

Daisy Mae Frecklebelly

Henry Jo Jo

Graycie Merle




A few more pics of some of my most favorite people...:-)

Me and Ken

Sisters
Jessica and Amy Carter

Amy Carter and our future son in law, William Grinnan
Stay tuned for Engagement Party pictures!
Thanks for visiting and now that all of these introductions are out of the way, let's get down to business!  

COMING SOON!  College dorm makeover, easy wall decor ideas, and I am going to share with you some of my recent coveted finds at one of my most favorite places to shop!

See you next time!

Stacy K


P.S.  Please bear with me as the look of my blog may change (numerous times) as I play around with all of the edit and design options.  Have I mentioned I have no idea what I am doing?!?!?!









No comments:

Post a Comment